|Public Works Department|
Public Works is responsible for construction and maintenance of most of the city's infrastructures. Some of our responsibilities that you might recognize are:
CLICK HERE for a copy of our Recycling Service RFP.
We work for you! Our mission is to improve the quality of life for Citizens through responsive, efficient, and effective delivery of services to every aspect of the city limits and by reflecting a can-do attitude with our customers.
Our vision includes customer service, infrastructure, and employee involvement; by encouraging continuous development and implementation of strategies and actions that resolve issues and achieve objectives while improving daily operations.
The City of Monroe Public Works maintains the City’s streets, stormwater systems, public facilities, traffic control and signage, while also providing residential and commercial solid waste services, along with a top notch operated fleet service center for the protection of the public and improvement of the quality of life for our citizens.
Department Highlights and goals:
1. We value striving to provide top quality, professional, effective and timely services to our residents and businesses.
2. We value respectful and constructive relationships with each other and our customers.
3. We value customer service and satisfaction in a job well done.
4. We value improving our image and maintaining the community’s trust.
5. We value accountable employees who exhibit integrity, courtesy, dedication, respect and teamwork in all interactions with each other, the public and elected officials.
Department Programs and Objectives:
1. We value a safe work environment and safe work practices.
2. We value continuous learning from our experiences, subject matter, experts and professional organizations.
3. We value our employee’s professional growth and promoting from within the organization.
4. We value the taxpayer, property owner, resident, community based organization, and volunteer as our partners in success.