Lynn Carrell, Clerk of Court
Office Location: 116 South Broad Street- On South Broad Street (Ga Hwy 11) across from town square and the historic Walton County Courthouse.
Court Sessions: Municipal Courtroom located 116 South Broad Street, Monroe, Ga. Near the intersection of Ga Hwy 11 (South Broad) and Ga 10 Business (Spring Street) in Monroe.
Mailing Address: PO Box 629 Monroe, Georgia 30655
Municipal Court has limited misdemeanor jurisdiction within the city limits of Monroe. The primary responsibility of the Court is receiving, processing, and adjudicating all cases of alleged violations of the City ordinances, Animal Control, and any state laws where jurisdiction has been granted to the Court.
To Dispose of traffic citations:
1.If you were charged with the following offenses, you MUST APPEAR in
Driving Under the Influence
2. You have the right to a trial. If you wish to plead NOT GUILTY, call the Municipal Court Clerk at 770-267-7576 (OPTION 3), at least 10 days prior to your trial date in order to receive subpoenas for witnesses.
3. If you were not charged with an offense listed above, and wish to pay your Fine to avoid your Court appearance, the fine must be received and posted by 1:30 p.m. on the Wednesday before your assigned court date. After this time, you must appear in Court on the date and time indicated on the citation.
CALL 770-267-7576 (3) MON. – FRI. from 8:00 A.M. TO 4:00 P.M.
4. You may pay during the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. M-F, in person, at the Municipal Court located at 116 South Broad Street Monroe, Ga. located across from the Old Court House, or you may mail your payment to the Monroe Municipal Court at P.O. Box 629 Monroe, Ga. 30655. Ensure payment is submitted and posted by the Wednesday before the court date listed. Also include correct address stamped envelope, should you wish for receipt to be mailed.
5. If you were charged with No Proof of Insurance/ No Insurance, and you had active Insurance on the date you received your citation, bring your insurance card to the Monroe Municipal Court in order for the fine to be reduced to $25.00. You will need to do this by Wednesday prior to your court date. (M-F 8:00 A.M. TO 4:00 P.M.)
6. Municipal Court Sessions are held at the Municipal Court Building at 116 South Broad Street (across from the old court house on Broad Street). If you chose to pay your fine in Court, advise the court staff upon entering and they will direct you to the appropriate clerk. Money orders only are accepted.
YOUR LICENSE WILL BE SUSPENDED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC
Fines double when accident is involved. This is a quick reference only. Fines may vary according to Code section you were cited under. Please call to clarify 770-267-7576 (OPTION 3), M-F 9am-4pm to confirm.